Wednesday, January 25, 2012

The Value Of A Handwritten Note X

Recently, I began a relationship with a wonderful woman, who unfortunately lives a few hundred miles away from me right now. Presently, I stay at a Salvation Army with other military homeless veterans. This girl and I are able to speak on the phone, and chat on facebook, often



But my feelings for her go beyond these methods of communication. So, I began hand writing her letters, and I send these with a card in what is now referred to as snail mail.



I view this method of intimate communication at times a very under utilized form of sharing thoughts and feelings with another. I have not wrote letters in this way since high school, which was well before the advent of the internet.



In these letters I write to this amazing girl, I find myself sharing emotions more completely than sharing them in another way. I share my life with her, and I'm very thankful I'm able to do this with her. Here is one of those letters I sent to her, and I will continue to write her in this way as often as I can and wish:

Sunday afternoon



Hi Baby,



I'm now at the Fountain on Locust, enjoying a beer, as I now write you.



Sunday afternoons are always nice at this place. There are a lot of young people, enjoying ice cream or whatever, with their children. I remember I use to take my daughter Hayley to ice cream places.

Recently, I sent her yet another email, letting her know she will deeply regret avoiding me now once she discovers the lies told to her about me by her mother and others. That's really all I can do, for now.

A couple just got here with about a dozen children. The guy told me it's a birthday party. I'm sure the kids will have a blast here. The ice cream is really good at this place.

Aside from my meeting with Amy tomorrow at noon, the rest of the day is open for me.

I once read that once you lose everything, you are free to do anything. I believe this to be very true. These days, I follow my heart and soul wherever they may lead me.

I now drink a beer called Spatan Optimator. If you are interested, the website is: www.spatenusa.com. It's a very dark and flavorful beer. The waiter recommended it to me, and it tastes really good.

This place is now playing, "Sweet Dreams", by the Eurythmics. I always thought Annie Lennox was very attractive and I love her voice. I understand she does a lot of charity work these days. Anyway, the song reminds me of my high school days as this is when this song was released.

Thank you for not having any tattoos. I now see a waitress her, covered with tattoos not fully realizing how beautiful her skin is without tattoos. I really think girls are headed in the wrong direction, with what they perceive as beauty.

I'll probably watch some football later this evening. Someone said there are two games on tv this afternoon and evening. Either that or, I'll watch another movie a little bit with Kenny.

Kenny is one of my black older friends here. The guy has like three college degrees. I'm not entirely clear why he is homeless. What I do know is that each one of us at the Salvation Army has our own story.

And each story we have is no less severe than my own. Most of us have been abandoned by those we have loved the most in life. Not everyone, but most of us are now forgotten if not hated by these who are traditionally supposed to love us the most.

Anyway, I've enjoyed writing you once again. And I do love you very much. , D

No comments:

Post a Comment