Monday, January 23, 2012

The Value Of A Handwritten Note IX

Recently, I began a relationship with a wonderful woman, who unfortunately lives a few hundred miles away from me right now. Presently, I stay at a Salvation Army with other military homeless veterans. This girl and I are able to speak on the phone, and chat on facebook, often



But my feelings for her go beyond these methods of communication. So, I began hand writing her letters, and I send these with a card in what is now referred to as snail mail.



I view this method of intimate communication at times a very under utilized form of sharing thoughts and feelings with another. I have not wrote letters in this way since high school, which was well before the advent of the internet.



In these letters I write to this amazing girl, I find myself sharing emotions more completely than sharing them in another way. I share my life with her, and I'm very thankful I'm able to do this with her. Here is one of those letters I sent to her, and I will continue to write her in this way as often as I can and wish:

Hi Baby,



I'm at the Buffalo Brewery, which is close to where I live. they have great sandwiches and beer here. It's very relaxing at places like this.



The other places I like to go around here are the City diner, and the Fountain on Locust. this place I'm at now has the best food, though.



Although I did try the Kola bar and grill this past weekend. And that was some good food. As far as waitresses go, I think the Fountain on Locust has the most attractive ones.



I'm very glad I spoke with Amy today. She knows what my ex did to me, so she is very glad you are in my life now.


Yes, i think I've gained some weight recently. It's not so much the amount of food I eat as it is the lack of exercise.



I think I'll try and walk more here, and that should shed a few pounds. We can do whatever you want, the next time we are together.


I'm perfectly happy just hanging out in the hotel room with you. in fact, that is what I prefer we do, our next long weekend together.



This notebook is magical, I think. i love what I write, when using this notebook. Sadly, it will eventually run out of paper. I'll have to open a vein at another location, after that.

No comments:

Post a Comment