Sunday, January 8, 2012

The Value Of A Handwritten Note VI

Recently, I began a relationship with a wonderful woman, who unfortunately lives a few hundred miles away from me right now. Presently, I stay at a Salvation Army with other military homeless veterans. this girl and I are able to speak on the phone, and chat on this site.



But my feelings for her go beyond these methods of communication. So, I began hand writing her letters, and I send these with a card in what is now referred to as snail mail. I view this method of intimate communication at times a very under utilized form of sharing thoughts and feelings with another. I have not wrote letters in this way since high school, which was well before the advent of the internet.



In these letters I write to this amazing girl, I find myself sharing emotions more completely than sharing them in another way. I share my life with her, and I'm very thankful I'm able to do this with her. Here is one of those letters I sent to her, and I will continue to write her in this way as often as I can and wish:





Hi Baby,



It is Saturday afternoon now and you are having lunch with Julia and your friend. Right now, I'm sitting by the computer here and watching some movie with Scott, Curtis, Donnie and Terry.



Terry is a 60 year old white guy who just got here a few days ago. He appears quiet and shy. And, he sleeps a lot because he takes methodone right now. I so not know how long he abused heroin. I've spoke with him a little bit, trying to give him some comfort in his new home. A few guys here are understandably frightened--the new guys in particular. They are also fragile.



Not many people are here today, or this weekend. I;m glad they have places to go and people to see. Its safe to say I have no one here, which is why I want to move there, to be closer to you. But I do often enjoy time with my friends here.



It's now late Saturday afternoon, and I'm waiting for you to call me. I actually missed chatting with you this afternoon, but it sounds like you had a lot of fun with Julia and your friend. With me, I spent some time this afternoon reading some stuff online.



You sound really happy when we speak on the phone. And, that makes me happy, so thanks for calling me here. I'm glad we have phones we can use here as well as computers. This place I live is not too bad. It definitely beats and other place I could live in the city right now.



It's Saturday night and I'm sharing the computer right now. Scott had some sausage and cheese for everyone, so I had some of that. And I also had a bagel with a coke.





I absolutely love being in love with you



Guys here right now are watching wrestling on TV. It's so stupid-this wrestling is fake. It is as coreographed as well as any ballet. This is why I am on the computer so much here. We have 3 TVs but rarely is anyone watching anything remotely interesting or entertaining.



At times, someone might throw in a bootleg DVD-a movie presently playing in theaters. Those movies are often really good. The best new movie I've seen in a while is "Limitless". It's about a guy down on his luck who is given a pill that fully awakens his brain. That movie was very interesting to me. It reminded me of my days when I was abusing speed.



I wish I was there to keep you warm at night. And I wish I could wake up with you in the morning. The last great morning I had is when I woke up with you. There is something magical about seeing you first thing in the morning.



It's Sunday afternoon, and I'm sharing the computer with others now. And you just called me. It is always fun when we talk on the phone. We seem to like each others voices. So, there is a chance we might be compatable after all.



It's now Sunday night, and I'm sharing the computer once again. Thank you for calling me as much as you do. It always feels good to hear your voice and words.



I hope to be up there with you soon. Let me see what I can do. Living only a few miles from you would be great. We can then more thoroughly continue what began with us a few months ago. Remember that I love you very much.



D

No comments:

Post a Comment