Sunday, January 8, 2012

The Value Of A Handwritten Note III

Recently, I began a relationship with a wonderful woman, who unfortunately lives a few hundred miles away from me right now. Presently, I stay at a Salvation Army with other military homeless veterans. this girl and I are able to speak on the phone, and chat on this site.



But my feelings for her go beyond these methods of communication. So, I began hand writing her letters, and I send these with a card in what is now referred to as snail mail. I view this method of intimate communication at times a very under utilized form of sharing thoughts and feelings with another. I have not wrote letters in this way since high school, which was well before the advent of the internet.



In these letters I write to this amazing girl, I find myself sharing emotions more completely than sharing them in another way. Here is one of those letters I sent to her, and I will continue to write her in this way as often as I can and wish:



Wednesday afternoon


Hi Honey,


Thank you for spending your days with me. I really enjoy your company, and the words you share with me.


At this point it is unlikely I will go to jail. But it I do, I'll again need you to contact these people, so please hold on to this list of people I have given you.


As soon as I have the money, I will come up there to see you. I need to see you again. In time, I will move up there to be with you. I love you very much. D


When we chat now, I think of the time spent together, now a month ago. The first thing I remember about you, is your smile, when I first saw you. Your very beautiful smile.


What I remember next is how your hand felt. It is very soft and warm, and I felt how you gripped my hand.


Next, I remember your laugh--especially at Steak n Shake. Your laugh is infectious-you make those around you happy, when you laugh.


And I remember entering our hotel room-and suddenly being with you naked on our bed. I remember first my hand feeling that gorgeous skin of yours. With the greatest of ease, I'm suddenly on top of you, and inside of you.


Also, I remember you eating pizza and watching you drink orange crush. I remember how fantastic your hair looked, after you took a shower. And I remember holding your hand, when we were not in our hotel room.


You and I both have really bad memories for different reasons. We now both have great memories, and I choose to focus on these. We will form more great memories soon. I love you, D

No comments:

Post a Comment