Wednesday, January 11, 2012

The Value Of A Handwritten Note VII

Recently, I began a relationship with a wonderful woman, who unfortunately lives a few hundred miles away from me right now. Presently, I stay at a Salvation Army with other military homeless veterans. this girl and I are able to speak on the phone, and chat on this site.



But my feelings for her go beyond these methods of communication. So, I began hand writing her letters, and I send these with a card in what is now referred to as snail mail.

I view this method of intimate communication at times a very under utilized form of sharing thoughts and feelings with another. I have not wrote letters in this way since high school, which was well before the advent of the internet.



In these letters I write to this amazing girl, I find myself sharing emotions more completely than sharing them in another way. I share my life with her, and I'm very thankful I'm able to do this with her. Here is one of those letters I sent to her, and I will continue to write her in this way as often as I can and wish:


Hi Honey,



It's Thursday evening now, and I just got something to eat. Tonight, I had a fish sandwich and some potato slices. They never feed you a whole lot here, so I likely will have something to eat later tonight-probably a can of lasagna and a coke, with some cheese its.



With moving up there, I'm still undecided. With my probation, I don't like the idea of a warrant being out for my arrest, for leaving this state. Then again, it's unlikely that violation would flag in your state. I'll speak with CVI Cindy next week and go from there. I like the idea of being closer to you. There is nothing keeping me in this state right now. So I'd rather be up there, so I can hang out with you.



I miss you waking me up in the morning in your own special way. I miss this alot.



It's Friday evening now and I just got something to eat--some spagetti and bread. I'm very glad I got your letter, card, and candy in the mail today. And, I'm glad you got a card and letter from me today as well, Love letters are a good thing, I think.



We got a new guy here named Shane - he's a white guy about my age and he is a lawyer. I have no idea how he ended up here. Patrick has been in the hospital for the past several days - for unknown reasons. We all know he has been abusing drugs so maybe he is in the hospital due to that. Patrick is a white guy a few years older then me. All of us hope he comes back here soon.



I really miss holding your hand. I felt a lot, doing that with you.



It's Saturday night now and I'm eating some lemonheads you sent me. I'm also watching a playoff football game.



The days here are painfully long so I'm glad you are able to keep me company now.



It's Sunday morning now and I am watching the movie, "Open Range" with Kenny, Shane Jeff. And I slept in this morning, which felt good. I'm glad I have an eye mask and ear plugs now. Theses things allow me to sleep longer.



Anyway, thank you for being in my life now, Carol. And I miss and love you very, very much.



D

No comments:

Post a Comment